Hey there Hi! and welcome to my blog, and I am Akash Navi here. Are you searching online an way to apply for PAN Card in India online? Obviously you are doing so, and if that is the case then let me tell you that you have been landed on the right webpage because in this article of mine I will be telling you the online procedure to apply for PAN Card in India online. To apply for PAN in India through online we need to fill an online form, get the print out of that form and Speed Post it to NSDL Office.
PAN Card is an very important document in India, the main use of PAN in India is for filling the Income Tax in our country. Not only because of filling tax but it is used for many other tasks too like. It can be used an Identity Proof in India, PAN is important to buy or sell properties in India, While buying Automobiles in India. And if you wish to invest in Stock market and buy the shares and mutual funds than PAN is very important document. And yea in Banking sector also PAN is very important document.
So now you know about the uses of PAN card in India. As I told that the PAN card is important in Banking sector, you need to link your PAN card with the Bank accounts you hold in India. It is recommended by Banks as well, and after you get the PAN card if you wish to do so I have guides for you. And they are How to link PAN card to SBI if you hold an SBI Account, link PAN to HDFC Bank account and the last one related to linking of your Permanent Account Number with bank is Link PAN to ICICI Bank.
How to Apply for PAN Card in India Online?
Now let we begin with the article and check out the online procedure to apply for PAN Card in India. I will tell you all the steps involved in the application of PAN card in India online, follow the instructions given below. If you have any kind of doubts you can comment below I will respond to you as soon as possible. 🙂
- So first of all what you need to do is to visit the NSDL website, you can follow the link provided to visit NSDL it will take you in a new tab. If you wish to do it simultaneously while reading the article.
- After you open the link which is provided above you will be having various options and in that you need to select New PAN for Indian Citizens (Form 49A) from that page. You can refer the image provided below..
- After you click on that you will be provided with other options, from that click on Online Application for New PAN (Form 49A) from that window.
- Now you need to select category of applicant, from the drop down menu you get at the bottom part of the window, you can refer the image below.
- After you select your Applicant category form the drop down menu and click on select you will be taken to the PAN Card online Application form which will look like shown below in the image.
- Fill the form fully with all the details which has been asked to you in the application form and you need to enter Area code, AO Type, Range Code, AO Number.
- After you fill all the details which is asked you need to pay a fees of Rs.106 to the NSDL for your Online PAN Card Application in India.
- You can pay that fees using various payment methods like Online Banking, Cheque, Demand Draft, Credit Card, Debit Card. You can select the payment method whichever you feel convenient for you.
- After you complete filling the form to apply for PAN Card in India online you will be provided an Acknowledgement form online you will need to Send the printout of that form to the NSDL Office. The address is provided below.
- You need to paste 2 Recent photographs of the PAN Card applicant in the place which is provided in the Acknowledgement form. And the applicant need to make signature in the place provided.
- And an Acknowledgement number which will be of 16 Digits will be provided with your form which needs to be written on the Envelop of the letter which you will be sending to NSDL office.
- If you are making the fees payment via Cheque or Demand Draft you need to enclose that within the Envelop. And the supporting documents (You need to self atest the documents) also need to be putted in the Envelop with the fully filled form.
- Address where you need to speed post the envelop: Income Tax PAN Services Unit, NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016.
This was the procedure to apply for PAN Card in India online, you can call NSDL office if you have any kind of quires at 020 – 27218080.
And also make sure that the filled form with all the documents need to reach the NSDL office within the period of 15 days you fill the form. The process of your PAN card will be started as soon as your Envelop reaches the NSDL office and you will be notified by an E-mail which you have filled in the form.
So this the procedure which you need to follow to Apply for PAN Card in India Online. Its too easy and does not needs too much time as well. You will get your PAN Card via Speed post at the address which you have filled in the form. As I have told in the starting of the article I had told you to comment below if you have any kind of doubts you can do that. And if you want to be assisted instantly you can all 020 – 27218080. Thanks for reading and stay tuned with me for more stuff like this. 🙂
After apply you can Check PAN Card Status Online, read this to know how. 🙂